[alfa] RE: coolant disposal

My biggest concern in discharging to a septic system would be the potential
for shock loading.  A gallon of glycol has the oxygen demand equivalent to
something like 5,000 gallons of domestic sewerage.  Can your septic field
take that sort of load in one shot?  It's sort of like eating your own
weight in Snickers bars at one setting......or maybe not.

I'll be curious to hear what Greg has to say.

Dean