[alfa] thermostat housing bolt sheared, 4-cyl.

Hi all,

Well, in the ongoing overheating saga, one of the two bolts holding the thermostat housing together sheared off at the head (so some of the bolt is protruding from the flange). I've tried using a clamp (the bolt is too soft) and a screwdriver (not enough leverage) to break it loose. Surely someone has had this problem before - any suggestions on how to get this thing off? Obviously I'd rather not have to remove the whole intake manifold. I'm giving it a drop of Liquid Wrench every so often, but I'm kinda stuck right now....

Thanks for any help.
Chris Keen
'77 spider
Los Altos, CA