[alfa] Facet fuel pump

Knowing (virtually) everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats
wondering how my New Facet fuel pump will work in my '75 Weber
carburetored Alfetta GT, feel it is only proper I fill you in. Alongst
(okay, no the word doesn't exist, but if the English feel 'whilst' is
A-okay why shouldn't 'alongst' work equally as well?) with replacing the
'original' Facet fuel pump of 2.5 to 3.0 psi with a 5.5 psi  Facet pump,
I also replaced the fuel filter. Since I've heard nothing from 'the
Group' asked 'the Kid' next door which way he would install. He opted
for the 'plugged' end towards the tank. I asked why and he said it was
because it was a similar filter to his Dad's 912's fuel filter, and
that's the way he installed it. Pushing further, asked why the 'plug'
was there. He felt it was to disperse the fuel to the outsides of the
filter so it could, ummm, be filtered as it exited out the center
towards the pump.

Damn exciting, eh?

With no adjustments, fuel pressure gauge says 4 psi (originally said
2.5), sight glass appears to remain somewhat fuller, runs great, better
than ever, especially on acceleration, ambient temperature not hot
enough to give it the 'real' test', time will tell.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA