[alfa] Facet fuel pump

I've decided to try Alex Jenner's Demon Tweaks suggestion and have just
ordered a FP-40106 (from Wicks Aircraft Supply).

For whatever  reason Facet and other's only want to show their products
via pdf. I do have Acrobat but kept crashing. So found this non-pdf
place (after being on hold forever at a tractor place in Iowa) - $32.67
+ whatever UPS charges.

Reading some of the brief notes in Google indicates the aircraft guys
use this pump for transferring fuel from one tank to another. Figured if
it helps keep planes from falling out of the sky, might help me. Not
sure if it does the same for John Deere's or not.

Yes, I asked, it is 12V, although they do have some Facet pumps which
are 24V [should you be thinking of upgrading the voltage on your race
car. Just read that BMW is coming out next year with a camless 3 Series
using solenoids for valve actuation - that should suck up that old
Debble electrical juice (or Is it smoke?) bigtime].

I'll let you know if she'll lift off after the change to the 'new and
improved' Facet.

I made it very clear I was probably only a one-time customer but guy
asked if I'd send him a photo of the Alfetta to put with other
customer's 'vehicles' who use their products.

To answer Ron Ewing's question regarding Facet reliability, "Yes, I
think it is just you." Brian Shorey said he'd installed his 20 years
ago. The one I have is at least seven years old (suspect I purchased a
marginally 'powerful enough' pump and after time heat has taken it's
occasional toll).

Thanks for the suggestion of trying Advance Auto parts but they
apparently don't have any stores west of the Rockies. Additionally, as
is pretty obvious, I absolutely insist on knowing what the psi is on any
pump I purchase and could be wrong but bet their pump says its either
for a carburetored car or fuel injection with no specific psi or gpm for
their pumps.

Thanks again for all of you who sent in suggestions and comments,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA
Where, except in fire areas, it's cooled down to a comfortable 93
degrees.