[alfa] RE: Spider chassis stiffener on ebay

>Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:38:26 -0800
>From: Jonathan Thames <jthames@domain.elided>
>Subject: [alfa]

>Does anyone know anything about the digest purchase this seller mentions?
>Thanks.
I bought one at that time. I don't have the details of the transaction handy
at the moment but I can probably dig them out over the next day or two if
you're really interested. The fellow runs (ran) a welding/fabricating shop in
Texas (as I recall) and made a limited run of these units at about 1/2 the
cost that Eriminas was asking at the time.It has worked out well for me.There
was a painting option too. If I remember correctly it was enamel; powder coat;
or both. I took both.  I don't know what all the talk about not drilling holes
is about. Mine wouldn't line up precisely at one of the pre-drilled holes no
matter waht I did (out by about 3/16" if I remember correctly) and I filled it
with weld and drilled the new hole where it needed to be. There was a bit of a
hullabaloo on the digest at the time in regard to purchasing from digest/AROC
supporters (established vendors) or from  independent "copy cats".

Hugh
' 74 Spider
Medicine Hat