[alfa] Re: coolant disposal

Nobody around here seems to take coolant, although I haven't specifically
gone to the landfill-cum-recycling center to ask face-to-face.

Some chemist or biologist please correct me if I am wrong, but I was under
the impression that coolant will decompose in nature.  There are enough
natural flora out there to take care of small quantities over time.
The real danger is of poisoning any animals happening by who lap it up,
because it tastes sweet.  The toxic byproduct of digestion is oxalic acid,
but this can be avoided by...wait for it... drinking booze!  I actually saw
this recommendation on an MSDS:  medical care will be delayed several hours,
give the patient three to four 1-ounce oral "shots" of 86-proof or higher
whiskey before or during transport to the hospitalmedical care will be
delayed several hours, give the patient three to four 1-ounce oral
"shotsmedical care will be delayed several hours, give the patient three to
four 1-ounce oral "shotsmedical care will be delayed several hours, give the
patient three to four 1-ounce oral "shotsmedical care will be delayed
several hours, give the patient three to four 1-ounce oral "shotsmedical
care will be delayed several hours, give the patient three to four 1-ounce
oral "shotsmedical care will be delayed several hours, give the patient
three to four 1-ounce oral "shots"If medical care will be delayed several
hours, give the patient three to four 1-ounce oral

"shots" of 86-proof or higher whiskey before or during transport to the
hospital."

-d.