Re: [alfa] 164 cooling fan not running

There is a resister element (attached near the radiator shroud I believe) which can go bad too and render your low speed in-operative.  Be sure to check that the two relays work as well.  They are under the black cover, just to the drivers side of the radiator.  Expensive, heavy-duty relays.  You can test the fan (both speeds) by disconnecting the wire to the sensor and placing jumpers between the ground wire heading to the relays and the other two wires.  If you get both speeds to run with this approach, then replace the temperature sensor.  If they don't, start looking into the realys or resister or power issues.  Also, the large 40AMP fuse link on the firewall may be the culprit.

--
- Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL