[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #914 bolt torque

Digesti,

I'm surprised; The bolt torque thread has yet to address the difference
between tightening torque and breakaway torque. The values are not the same.
IE: loosening a threaded joint that was initially torqued to, say, 50 lb/ft.
will require more than 50 lb/ft. to unscrew the same joint.

Alfa content: I just checked the tail lights on my recently purchased '91
spider, and the white areas on both lenses are the same. Better to be lucky
than good, huh?.

George Schweikle
Lexington, KY

> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:09:10 -0600