[alfa] Choice between 164LS and 74GTV

ON sunday morning, after I had gotten the family out in the buick 4 door,
I was faced with a difficult choice - take the GTV or the 164LS from the
garage and leave the other to most likely burn.  My house is at the
vanguard of the fire in Scripps Ranch, right where you most likely saw the
news footage from.

I thought for about 2 seconds and left in the LS.  Reason -- 4 doors, it
has a kids seat in it, and a full tank of gas.With two kids, I thought we
needed both 4 door cars.  The GTV had only about 1/4 tank.  I left with
the firewall about 50 feet from my house, about 30 feet high, and felt the
breath of Hell through the windows of the car as I drove away.

The hand of God was placed over several homes in my neighborhood, mine
among them, and we sustained little damage. His hand was placed over
everyone's head in Scripps and there were no fatalities-- if you saw the
footage and the speed at which the fire consumed all and advanced, you
would be certain that it was not chance that no lives were lost.

The GTV is sooty, dirty, and smells like smoke as does the house. Some
plastic itesm inthe house are melted, distorted, but we are thankful for
our family, our friends, and for the lives of all.

Please pray for all the families who lost all.

bob