[alfa] Spider axle swap, subjective questions and a film appearance

I am finally getting around to swapping out the now very bad sounding axle on my '78 Spider. Before tearing into it I wanted to make sure that I won't be in for any surprises.
Will I need the special pinion nut tool that I have heard tale of?
Anything else?
I am about to order all new poly bushings to install while I have everything undone. Does anybody know what size the stock rear stabilizer bar is on the '78? (there are several replacement bushing sizes listed).
Would anyone recommend switching it with a larger one? I only drive on the street, but I do have fun with it. Would a larger bar make a noticeable difference during normal Alfa street driving? Or maybe just mount the stock bar in new poly bushings and leave it at that.
I realize this is all very subjective, just curious if others feel that the larger bar is worthwhile mod.
I do not mind a harsh ride (I like my sports cars hard and rough), so that's not a factor.
I currently have Koni red's, sport springs (yellow, Centerline maybe, don't remember), and 15" phone dials with Pirelli P6's.

On another note, my Spider has a nice little part in a feature film that is premiering at the Deep Ellum Film Festival, it's titled American Generator. For anyone in the Dallas area that is interested it is showing at the Angelika theater this tuesday night 10:00 PM. More info at the festival site: http://www.def2.org
or the film's site: http://americangenerator.com

Ever had one of those huge camera support rigs strapped to the front of your car? Then have an actor repeatedly pull up closer and closer to a curb, watching your pristine alloys get closer every time? Trust me, it's stressful. The phone dials came out of it unscathed.

Thanks,
Tony Martie
'78 Spider
Dallas, TX