[alfa]Proper engine break in

>>The Alfa reccomendation for customer break in,  where you stay under a
certain rpm for a certain time, used to be common in new cars,  and now
is not.  I've wondered what exactly has changed?  Do they do bench break
in?  Different materials, or different surface prep?  Different
philosophy?<<

Maybe I am cynical, but I tend to take the view that with modern materials
the engines are capable of getting well beyond the end of the warrenty
without being run in, and so the marketing department are free to claim
that no running in is required.

After all when it starts to seriously burn oil it is probably on its 3rd or
4th owner, and one who would not buy a new car anyway.

All the best

Keith