[alfa] Re: Engine noises

I had similar noises on my '87 Spider and it was a catastrophe. The noise was piston slap caused by an engine with far more wear than it was supposed to have with the "low" mileage that was documented on the title. I had to replace the engine with one from Alfa Parts Exchange. Hope your problem is not the same. The only way to find out is to remove the head and take a look.
John and Becky
<jcecil@domain.elided>
<jcecil66@domain.elided>