[alfa] 67 GTV dashboard refinishing?

The dashboard on my 67 GTV has the original wood grain shelf paper finish and it's looking pretty tatty by now. There were two gorgeous examples of pristine dashboards at the recent All Italian Car Day in Alameda, but I could not locate the owners for details. One person said they'd been faux painted and that makes the most sense to me because I don't think ANYbody could successfully apply sticky paper to those compound curves, even if a mint roll of the stuff could be found.

Does anybody have a resource for somebody who has performed this miracle paint job on an actual dashboard before? Thanks.

Tom H
Viva Alfa
'67 GTV
San Francisco