[alfa] Re: (was)Overweight Alfetta GTV - fiberglass replacements for bumpers

In AD v9n886, Tom asked about replacement bumpers for his Alfetta.

Tom,

Fiberglass/composite bumpers are probably available from specialty sources (I
don't know of any and can't help there, sorry) but there's an alternative.

I found a set of stainless bumpers in Europe and had them shipped over. When
I start on the body work on my Alfetta, they will replace the fishing weights
currently installed.

As the majority of the known world had the stainless bumpers, you might be
able to locate some used ones in a breaker yard outside the USA. An enterprising
Alfisti may be able to help you out in locating, procuring, and shipping.

AFRA (www.afra.it) might also have some NOS.

Tom
Seattle
6310123