[alfa] Rebuilt Alfetta Engine Officially Broken In

------------------------------

>Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:30:05 EDT
>From: TJCallahan@domain.elided
>Subject: [alfa] Rebuilt Alfetta Engine Officially Broken In

>......snip.......
>The engine, wound out to the 6000 rpm redline quite often, performed very
>well and the car handled itself well in the hands of a nervous driver.

Wound out to redline before it being broken in???
I feel your car engine's pain!!!!

>.......We felt the engine pull strongly from about 2500 rpm on up to red
line, and
>it felt as if there was more power to be had beyond the limit.....snip.....

Yeah, why didn't you just put it to the floor and see how fast it could
go???

>We put just over 600 miles on the engine in about 48 hours, most of it was
>above 4000 rpm. The engine now has 1000 miles on it

I guess you plan on doing a rebuild again soon.
I guess if you can afford it why not!

>the oil/filter was just
>changed for the second time, the head re-torque is tomorrow) and is
officially
>declared broken in. BTW, I checked with some Alfa racers - they don't have
>break-in period, unless you want to count the idle in the paddock.

Okay, so that's it, you punished your engine during break in because you
plan
on racing it and then rebuilding it after a couple of races. ;-)

Dan K.