[alfa] Re: Milano Rear Suspension...

I seem to recall that the process of converting the rear self-leveling suspension with the standard gear is pretty straight forward - replace the rear shocks and springs with standard parts.

As I understand it, the only semi-tricky part is what to do with the power steering pump that normally supplies pressurized fluid to the rear self-leveling shocks.  One can either replace the pump with one from a non-leveling car, OR one can install a bypass line from the outlet to the inlet of the self leveling ports on the pump.  What is apparently a very very bad idea is to just cap the ports off.

There were only a limited number of Milanos made with the self-leveling suspension, and there have to be even less now.  I'd imagine any parts that you'd remove that were in good condition could find a home with someone who is determined to keep their system intact.

- Paul Witek