[alfa] Re: 155 expertise

Hi Neil,

I've had to 1996 155 Q4's. the first one was a normal one and the second one was a heavily modified (forged pistons, big turbo, cams, e-prom, rally type shocks, etc, approx. 295 hp) I strongly recommend the car, it's great fun to drive and very rewarding. It's not a problem car and most of the worn out parts can be easily replaced, some of the problems you may face are: minor oil leak on all diffs, 60K km. turbo life, if not properly jacked damaged underbody, windshield wiper motor failure, poor headlights, and I believe the most important of all limited tire size (due to limited clearances in the front you are stuck with 205, 45 16, and in winter it's hard to fid a snow tire, in order to fit one you need to find a 15inch wheel that woulf fit around the front caliper and then fit the tire. a good snow tire recommendation would be the Marangoni's) also while driving on snow it's a good idea to disengage the ABS by removing it' fuse.

But if you find one do not hesitate to buyi it's a great car, with a great potential to modify because it shares the same platform with the Lancia Delta Integrale.

Alp

now only the 69 GT Junior