[alfa] GTV-6 Idle

In a message dated 10/17/2003 1:34:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:03:33 -0400
> From: "Spencer, Graham" <Graham.Spencer@domain.elided>
> Subject: [alfa] GTV-6  Idle
>
> A couple of simple questions. I recently cleaned my intake, fuel rails and
> injectors. Car is running like new, however I noticed today that idle is now
> running at about 15K. I'm guessing idle was set to accommodate the
> restricted fuel flow, and now idle is too fast. So what should the idle be,
> and how do I set the at temp idle? Just back the idle set screw out?
>
> Thanks!
> Graham Spencer
> GTV-6
> Tampa Bay

       If your GTV-6 is idling at 15,000 RPM, you best sell it to an F1 team.

       I have never owned a GTV-6, but the Milano and spiders adjust the idle
by adjusting the amount of air bypassing the throttle.  You should find a
hose with a double nut on one end.  Loosen the lock nut, turn the other to set
the idle and tighten the lock nut.
       You might try the idle at 800 to 1000 hot - you might even look in a
book to see what it should be (perish the thought)!  Then adjust as required if
cold idle does not suit you or if the car dies when you lift off the throttle
at a stop light.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City