Re: [alfa] Re: italian job, originali

I got a PAL DVD version of Rendezvous as a gift, a friend got it from England, and the quality is spectacular compared to the VHS version I have, I say easily 50% brighter and cleaner, Spirit Level did a fantastic job, I like the extra etc.., too. They are also coming out with the Cobra Ferrari War Video.

I like the new Italian movie OK, better than most of what's out there these days, though I'll take the old one any day. I saw a prescreening show with the Mini club so it was a lot of fun. And Charlize Theron... hubba, hubba... she is actually OK acting wise in this film.

con brio,

- S.

At 07:38 PM 10/16/2003 -0400, Richard Welty wrote:

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:31:45 -0400 Andy Kress <aokress@domain.elided> wrote:

> i think classic motorbooks has it - for $9.95. its just like Austin Powers
> - only for real - in the carnaby street schtick. No real sex or
> violence. Michael Caine, Noel Coward, Benny Hill. pretty campy but lots
> of fun. Some pretty cars, good mini driving, and the cops chase the bad
> guys with Giulia Supers.
> If you can find it, definitely worth $10.

in other news, my wife just noticed that dvd transfers of _Rendevous_ are
now available on ebay. she ordered one (our vhs copy has been missing for a
long time). i'll report on the quality of the transfer once we get it.

richard
--
Richard Welty rwelty@domain.elided
Averill Park Networking 518-573-7592