[alfa] Re: GTV wiper clip

Robert Watson asks, re his 67 GTV, about a plastic clip that holds the
arm from the wiper motor to wiper arm assembly. It's the only plastic
piece in the assembly, one per side. Mine have broken, and as such, the
arms don't work (they crash together instead of staying in sync). Does
anyone know of a supplier and what I should call the part so someone else
know what I am looking for?

My 67 Sprint GT Veloce parts car went away last year, so I can't look at
it, but in the parts book covering the 1600 105 coupes (all types) the
only part in that area that looks like a clip is also the only part that
is identified as plastic, so the odds mount that he wants Marelli part #
90 065 372, there called washer, plastic, which does not have an Alfa
part number. If he can access a parts book, plate 118 is where the parts
are illustrated, numbered, and named. That part might have been used by
Marelli in other applications, and might be available from Marelli
through a supplier in Italy. If I found an intact used part on a parts
car somewhere I would use it only as a prototype to replicate in an
appropriate new material; I wouldn't expect thirty-plus year old plastic
parts from any source to be predictably long-lived. If it were my
problem, I would expect to wind up making the part.

If Robert can't find better or more convenient sources locally, he could
twist my arm to produce photocopies of the parts-book pages.

Cordially,

John H.