[alfa] Spider Brake Vacuum hose and check valve

dear all,  I just ordered a brake vacuum hose from a AR vendor, but it looks different than the original that's there. For one it's a few inches shorter and has a 90 degree bend. I assume the bend end goes in the check valve, but why the 90 degree bend when the valve has a 90 degree bend of it's own? I rechecked the part nuber and it is correct for a 87 spider??? also, where is a good source for the check valve itself?

TonyG. 87 spider Grad

Pequannock, NJ