[alfa] Re: GTV rear quarter window toggle removal

The stud through the glass broke on one of my windows a few years ago
(it had been left open in storage for years, the gasket hardened, and
when I tried to close the window, "pop").  I machined a new piece and
had to fiddle with the E-clip to install.  Steve is right - the usual
tool for these is a small screwdriver or two, both for removal and
installation.  Good hardware stores stock these in the small parts bins,
and I'd recommend replacing old ones as they can get distorted and loose
after going on and off a few times.  In my circle of friends, these are
known as Jesus Clips.  It seems like every time you use one, you end up
mumbling "Oh, Jesus!" and watching the little thing shoot across the
room, never to be seen again.

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'74 GTV 2000