[alfa] Re: Polished cam covers

Kind Digesti:  Jason Hagen asked about polishing cam covers, or having
them polished...Well, Jason, I've done one or two, (I can send you a pic)
and it's VERY dirty, boring work, takes hours and hours. (This from a man
who thinks nothing of unbolting every single potentially useful piece
from a pair of rusty Alfas). The correct materials would cost quite a bit
to purchase, especially if you don't already have a dremel, die grinder,
sander...SO, if Hurtienne really DOES sell them for $80 U$, I'd jump all
over that.(In fact, I may.)  Email me off-list and I may be able to
direct you to a shop that can do yours for you...I drive by it every day
on the way to work, but can't remember the name of the dadgumned place.I
will say that dropping a polished cover onto your motor makes a giant
difference in it's appearance-I'm a big fan of polished covers,
personally.                                                     Best to
All-                                                     Pat Hood,
Seattle                                                     '78 Spidey,
dull cam cover being SLOWLY polished.
Pair-o'-'74 Berlinas being broken- need parts?