RE: [alfa] Valve spring compressor

You don't need a spring compressor to clearance valves.   Measure the
clearance, remove the cam, remove the follower, remove the shim on the valve
stem.  Measure the shim then add or subtract the shim size to get the
correct clearance.  You'll need a supply of shims, or you might get lucky
and be able to re-arrange some shims to get the correct clearances.

-Peter