Re: [alfa] Mostly off-topic

Funny that as an owner of the car with misrepresented HP, I feel no desire
whatsoever to sell it back. I've owned cars with low HP which feel faster
than cars with high HP -- even in terms of power-to-weight ratio. This car
is a positive delight. It has the power of my former modded Milano Verde and
the balance and lightness of my former GTV6. I hope this
electrically-assisted power steering catches on: it only assists when
necessary which provides a lot of stability at speed.

Were someone to tell me I HAVE to sell it back, I'd be most unhappy. Even
though I've driven it a little less than 400 miles thus far (and had to fill
up twice...I've been a little leaden-footed), I've decided that it's one of
the best drivers I've ever had the opportunity to pilot. And I'm not without
some experience as my list of cars driven includes two Ferraris, a Pantera,
a non-Biturbo Maserati, a P-car, and a brand-new 300ZX -- not to mention
many of our beloved Alfas.

I certainly agree with Mark Denovich on the potential reasoning behind a
sell-back. This is not a car for everyone, just for people who love to drive
and might need to carry 3 other people with them. Compared with other
new-car automotive alternatives in its price range, there is no competition
in the US right now.

-- Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA

2004 RX8 ( one owner, 400 miles) - 1976 Spider (two owners - 96,000 miles)