[alfa] Re: engine stands

Faithful Digesti:    Thanks to everyone that replied to me both on and
off-digest to my query regarding engine stands for the 2l engine. (What a
helpful and generous bunch of folks you are!) The favorite has, far and
away, been Jim Steck's AutoComponenti adaptor assembly, so I will order
one of these and let the fun begin. Though I can see the advantages of
having the engine mounted from one side only, I think I'll build a brace
that mounts onto the stand after the engine is in place and extends down
the the stand's legs, so that I have the motor supported from both sides
while torquing things, yet I'll be able to remove the off-side bracket
when it's time to do the fuel injection/intake assembly.    I'm really
pleased to be associated with a group that so willingly shares it's
secrets with one another...a rarity, it seems, in this day and age.
Bravo, Digesti!                                               Pat Hood,
in VERY wet Seattle                                               '78
Spider                                               Bits o' Berlinas all
OVER the place...need parts?