[alfa] Re 164 Fire and WRX & Extinguishers

Richard

I think it a bit below the belt to damn the WRX just because of an abused
example being peddled by people of dubious moral standing. Its a fine car, but
a bit too 'in yer face' for my tastes. There will always be dud cars as long
as there are people who will part with good money to buy them.

More seriously though. How many of us carry a fire extinguisher in out daily
driver cars? All the racers have to have them of course. I confess to be being
semi virtuous. I have one in my red 164 TS, I will get one for my 24valver,
but we don't have one in my wifes car. She did have one but many years ago (
about 8) she stopped and used it to put out an electrical fire on a farm
tractor (I'm not sure she ever got a thankyou) and it has never been replaced
which is very silly of us really.

I think the HRW relay/fuse is a fair culprit. I had meltdown on this unit two
years ago. No fire, but it gave me a fright and there were 'hot smells' about
the boot/trunk area.

Tim Hancock   Boston UK

164TS
164Super