[alfa] Re: VIN number vs. Engine Number

Fellow digesti-
A while back I made an inquiry as to any correlation available by a data
base or whatever to determine the original engine as installed by the
factory and the car's VIN number. Carfax does not provide this data. My
Spider Veloce (1987) engine number is ARO1544*608884 and the VIN is
ZARBA5583H1048444. I am am attempting to determine if this is the original
engine as installed by the factory. If any of you fellow digesti have a 1987
Spider, does your engine number look similar? Is there such a database? How
does one access it?

--
John Cecil
<jcecil@domain.elided>