[alfa] Ignition Switch problem ?

I am now pretty sure that the ongoing odd (and now annoying) behavior I am
getting on my '86 spider is caused by the ignition switch.
I have two things I would appreciate help with ....
One:
How hard is it to replace the ignition switch ? I poked about and it looked
like quite a lot of removing things just to get to it.

Two:
How hard is it to put in a temporary manual switch to override the "on"
function of the switch it self ? What i want to do is use the ignition switch
as normal but creat a manual shut so that I can drive for a day or two and see
if the problem goes away before actually buying and installing a new switch
which may not be the problem anyway.

Thanks
Tim