[alfa] Re: Refinishing Magnesium Wheels

Here's my input, somewhat out of date since I haven't had real magnesium
wheels since I was a kid with a '57 Chevy. Although magnesium can be blasted and
left uncoated, it oxidizes rapidly. As best as I can recall after all these
years, most mag wheels were just blasted and allowed to oxidize. Most only
attempted to polish the rim, as in the old Torque Thrusts.
Don't know why that can't be clear coated if they can be painted. How about a
clear powder coating. Cheaper than paint around here.
Tom Faust