[alfa] Front spring question on 164L

Have a question for the assembled Alfa wizards out there. Have a new to me 5-speed Alfa 164L (thanks to fellow digester Dennis!). Find it needs new shock bearings in the front and while they are being replaced, I've heard that the auto transmission springs from the 164 (91-93) were the same as the 164S. Worthy change to swap the springs from one to another or will the ride height be totally out of whack or suffer ride-wise? Money is a major concern as the car does require some more pressing mechanical and cosmetic issues addressed before a long term view toward grand upgrades takes place.

As part of my earlier attempt at Alfa ownership, I came across a 91 164 base with an auto trans for an exceptional price. Runs (doesn't stop worth a darn nor does the auto trans shift worth a rats hind quarters, but let's not go there) but an exceptional source of spare parts at the moment. By the way, if there are any parts anyone needs, let me know as the carcass will go to the crusher in a few weeks - my wife insists! Car's in Northern Virginia... Email me offline and I'll do whatever I can.

Thanks!
Brooks

164 base (weary)
164L everything but the cruise control works (except as noted above)!