Re: [alfa] DIY Rear Brakes on Milano? How hard? Special tools?

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:57:22 +0000 (GMT) "Gregory S. Youngblood" <greg@domain.elided> wrote:

> My ex-Milano, an 87 Platinum,

ex-Milano, eh? what kind of car is it now?

> The other concern
> is that there might be some special Alfa tool required.

1) it's cramped, and it's annoying to do while lying on your back. it is
   especially annoying if things are rusted or frozen.

2) there is one special tool, although you can work around it. the
special tool is essentially a socket with an arm on it, to hold down the
lock nut on the outer adjuster while you turn the inner portion with an
allen wrench.

> Finally, what's the right tire size for this car?

14"? OE was 195/60R14

> And what's a good
> all-weather tire (including snow and rain) for the Milano? This will be
> his daily driver, not a garage queen.

hmmmm. i've been looking hard at the Kumho Ecsta line for my next round of
tire purchases. there is an all season in that line, the prices look good,
and the reviews on tirerack.com are generally positive.

richard