[alfa] How much gold in a Round-Tail?

Not talking value, talking gold irridite on (especially) engine
peripheral parts.

Alfa seemed to transition from one 'finish' to the next. When restoring
the '60 Spider there were many silver zinc plated items, but probably
more black (I used black zinc) plated parts. I've never done a complete
restoration on a Giulia. The '69 Spider I show on my website (not by far
the only '69 Spider in the shop) did not appear to have any or much gold
on the parts - nor did the others. Since it was close to an untouched
car, felt going all silver zinc was the answer.

The problem with irridite is that over time it fades to 'almost' silver.
I just removed the ATE brake fluid cap on 'in-house' '69 Spider and the
exterior whilst being of the rust persuasion color, the interior of the
cap was pretty much goldish.

I suspect that much of this boils down to is what the individual
suppliers were using at the time. I'm Purely surmising if a supplier
made an Alfa specific part, it was to Alfa's specs, including finish. If
it was a 'let your fingers do the walking' type order, ya gots what the
manufacturer was using at the time - which would most likely include
ATE.

Still...I'd sure like to know who was doing what to whom? What is the
finish on your 'stored in an air lock since new' '69 Spider on the steel
parts of your two brake boosters, for instance?

You do realize, of course, the fate of the world order is depending on
your answer.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA