[alfa] Berlina Door Glass Removal

Thanks to everyone who replied to my Berlina door glass removal question. The puzzle has been solved and for anyone interested here is how you remove the glass from Berlina doors:

1. Carefully remove the chrome trim. It is crimped on, I used a screw driver to carefully loosen one end. You should remove the upper portion first, then the lower. Remove both inside and outside trim in the same manner. It comes off fairly easily but be careful not to bend or tweek it too much.

2. Remove inner door panel.

3. You will now be able to see the winder mechanism. On the bottom of the window there are crimped on rails that the winder arm mechs attach to and create a little track. This is what moves the window up or down. In the tracks there are either one or two holes near one end (depending on if you are doing the front door or rear door glass). This is how you connect or disconnect the winder arms. Position the arms so that you can detach them via these holes.

4. Unscrew the winder mech from the door itself (hint: hang on to the glass). Once this is done you can angle the glass and carefully slide it out of the door.

All and all it's not too hard to do.

Damian

magista@domain.elided
'70 1750 Berlina