[alfa] Brake caliper rebuild

Digestians..

For those of you who have rebuilt ATE brake calipers before..

I'm working on a front at the moment, and after cleaning up and installing a new seal, I'm having much
resistance in pushing the pistons back in.
It takes almost more force than I can manage with two thumbs to slide them down into the cylinder. To pop them out
with compressed air, it takes >30 lbs of pressure to get them finally out, compared to less than 10 lbs causing them
to fly out of there before. I assembled them with a bit of a brake assembly fluid (Mckay's) which is very thick, after cleaning that off and lubing things up with regular brake fluid it got somewhat looser but is still much tighter than they were.

Basically, I'm trying to find out if this is normal, or is something bad going on here? Will they loosen up quickly
under real use or not?
I imagine that if you have too much friction in the caliper pistons, they won't relax when you let up on the brakes, and you drag your pads all the time.. Or is "loose enough", above what lowly human thumbs normally provide?

Thanks in advance..

Jon and Marcia
77 Spider
Irvine CA.