[alfa] 101 Newbie - 1300 Engine rebuild, etc.

Brian, I was going to ship this to you direct, but thought there might
be a few other 750-101 owners out there who haven't joined. If you
haven't, I suggest you join the 750-101 Group (contact "Lew Rosenberger"
<lewrose@domain.elided>) and he'll get you started.

They're on Yahoo. The good thing about it is they do have pretty
accessible 'archives' and I'm sure a lot of information would come up
regarding oil pumps.

In many ways it is nice to see 101 questions on this Digest, but chances
are you'll get more answers on the 750-101 Group. That said, many 101
owners belong to both groups, so you might well get your questions
answered here. However, there are those on the 750-101 Group who feel
the Alfa Digest is too 'liberal' in that there are those of us who don't
post succinct, serious, and only Alfa oriented messages.

Yes, of course they regretted letting me in.

A lot of people are very happy with their Normale's but do agree you'll
enjoy an Abnormale more. (Visualize the Beeb wagging his finger at you)
But Don't Try to Perpetuate a Fraud!

That said, in the back of the Centerline catalog they list most of what
makes the Veloce a veloce. They're also a good source for parts - among
others.

It's my understanding the toughest item to get will be the correct air
cleaner. Centerline makes a one piece exhaust header ($395).

Good luck,

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

If you want to see about 200 (mostly) tiny photos of a 101 Spider Veloce
restoration:
http://www.alfacybersite.com/BR60AlfaSpdVel.html If yours is a Sprint,
at least the mechanical pages might be of help.