[alfa] re: Frwapping noise

I've had lots of cars with a similar noise under similar conditions.  It almost always turns out to be a loose piece of sheet metal somewhere.  Never a moving part itself.  Examples include:  exhaust heat shields, alternator mounts, pan guards, etc.  A loose piece of metal will vibrate like crazy at certain frequencies.

BTW, I doubt you would hear it at 17,000 rpm!

Erik