[alfa] Noise at (2890000)^1/2 RPM

Bruce Blair <bblair@domain.elided> wrote: At 17,000 RPM, that would probably be the sound of your engine
self-destructing.

Assuming you mean 1700 RPM, perhaps you should look at the timing chain
tension.

Bruce beat everyone else to the punch. Yes, I was off by an order of magnitude. Yes, I now realize that I actually typed it as 17,000 THREE times in one email. Please make fun of me.

Bruce, thanks for the response. I did check timing tension after advice from Stan, but will do so again to be sure. Anyone who revs his engine to 17,000 RPM probably cannot tension his chain on the first try either.

zach
'89 Spider (buzzing at 1.7E3)