[alfa] Juddering Spider

    Last weekend I had my Spider out.  While I was showing it off in
front of my house, a neighbor sat in it and checked it out.  He pulled
the emergency brake up a few inches too keep from rolling while he
stirred the 'box.  I didn't really make a note of it.  My brake light
doesn't work, so when I later took it for a 50-mile jaunt, I failed to
notice that the brake was partially applied.  It felt no different when
I drove it.  I smacked myself on the forehead -- V8 style -- when I
notice the brake handle up . . . just as I got home.
    Today, when I drove it, I noticed a disturbing juddering feeling
when I applied the brakes lightly at a low speed -- kinda like driving
over two or three sets of railroad tracks.  Most troubling is that the
feeling remains a few seconds even after I take my foot off the pedal.
    Did I bake my rotors?  Cook my pads?  Glaze my doughnuts?  Yes, I am
feeling dumb.

Doug
Richmond, Virginia  (We survived Isabel!)
77 Spider (named Isabella . . . really)

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of dharris.vcf]