[alfa] 164LS Radio Repairs

A few days ago I asked about getting a fix for the poor reception of the
radio in my '95 LS. I got some responses suggesting I go to an Eclipse dealer to
ask for repair. Here is where I am so far:
Found the Eclipse web site. Not terribly user-friendly, but it did have a
number to call to find my nearest dealer and another number to contact customer
service. These people are not very high profile relative to some other
manufacturers. I started by calling my friendly local dealer who hemmed and hawed when
I told him my problem. He finally said that they handled only aftermarket
radios and couldn't help me service an oem unit.
Next I called the Eclipse customer service 800 number and after being
transferred three times, found a sympathetic ear who gave me the number of the east
coast authorized repair station, United Radio. Called them and after the
obligatory three transfers, got a very nice woman who gave me the particulars.
For $150.00, plus return shipping, United Radio will return your radio to
as-delivered condition and provide a one year warranty on the work. Turn-around
time is two to three days. They take checks or credit car or C.O.D., I think.

East-coasters, call 1-800-488-0944 and ask for customer service. Susan is the
nice woman on the other end of the phone.
United Radio
5705 Enterprise Parkway
E. Syracuse NY 13057

West coasters can call Eclipse at 1-800-233-2216 for the west coast
instructions.
Eclipse Audio
19600 S. Vermont Ave
Torrance CA 90502