[alfa] Re: Motronic Spider failed emissions

Simon,
       Run a compression test.  A burned exhaust valve would explain the high
HC - but I'm not sure about the NOx and CO.  Those could be high because the
cat con is not working effectively(especially if you're dumping raw fuel into
it from a burned valve).  If compression is OK, then I would find a garage
that has a pyrometer and have them check the cat con temperature to make sure
it's working.
       By the way, in the future, it is always better to check the voltage
output of the O2 sensor before replacing.  I suspect a lot of perfectly good O2
sensors are sent to the trash bin because of another part on the engine not
working.  Replacing plugs and filters is probably a good idea anyway.

Cheers,
Charlie