[alfa] Re: APE

Uh, I think you have that backwards. They used to be in Hayward, now they're in Tracy. And yes, Larry Sr. is a bit brusque, but like I've said before, he means no harm by it, It's just the way he is. He's really a pretty nice guy. In my experience, he rarely answers the phone anyway, usually it's Michael, and occasionally, Larry Jr.

I wasn't going to extend this thread... but I think my experience goes beyond "brusque".

When I discovered a galled mounting spindle for the inner lower A-arm bushing, I called and got a replacement. They even sold me the whole lower A-arm assembly without much hassle, and at a pretty good price, which I bought without complaint or haggling... So far, so good..

When I misguidedly torqued off one of the nuts installing it, and needed another, whoever ELSE I talked to gave me a seriously hard time for doing it, and extra lambasting for even wanting to change the bushings in the first place. "Nobody ever changes those things!!" He refused to sell me another, unless I would install the whole used one.. as far as I could tell.. he was serious and not joking. After 5 more minutes of arguing back and forth, without him changing his position, I gave up and never did buy a second one. Ended up using the original galled one, turned around backwards so the most worn side was down rather than up.

I'm sorry to have to say so, but my experience also included "angry" and "unreasonable".

Jon
77 Spider
Irvine, CA