[alfa] RE: 164LS radio reception/replacement & Nakamichi

I replaced the Fujitsu unit in my LS with a Nakamichi MB-75. I like the idea of having the 6-disc changer in the head unit. I also purchased a Nakamichi amplifier PA-1004 that I have yet to install. I will do so when I can get the replacement pre-amp connector cable from Nakamichi (this has turned into a nightmare - Nakamich makes great equipement but there service department is horrible).

I also need to replace the speakers with something that can handle the power that I want push through them.

Connecting the unit was very easy. If you locate the Alfa 164 LS power amplifier (under the passenger seet), you will notice that they use the universal wire color coding (the wires are labeled with the FL, FR, RL, RL coding as well). Installation was simple. The toughest part was getting the head unit to fit with the amplifier module on the rear (design of the MB-75 has a removable amp module).

Good luck on either repairing your unit or replacing it.

Michael L. Robertson
MRobertson.ME91@domain.elided