[alfa] rear wheel bearings

I am going to change the rear wheel bearings on my 79 spider due to
excessive play in the hubs.
Is the best technique to pull the axle/hub together, then separate hub from
axle? What is the best way to remove/replace the bearings? Will I be able to
drive them off/on, or will I need a press, or will I have to break up the
bearing. This is a car that has not rusted and most things come apart
easily.
Thanks,
Ed Prytherch
79 Spider