[alfa] Re - Ignition Switch

What are the symptoms of this ? I am asking because I am having one or two
issues with an '86 spider and have started suspecting the ignition switch
myself.

What I see is:
1.    Sometimes when I turn things on, the volt meter only goes up to about 10
or 11 volts. Turn it off and back on and all looks fine. Engine always cranks
but sometimes doesn't spark. Try a few times and off she goes.
2.    While driving sometimes the temp and brake lights will come on and fade
away. Sometimes while driving all the warning lights will come on and the car
dies. This makes the dash look as though I just turned everything off and back
on. Pull over and restart seems to work everytime.

I have checked all the fuses, the alternator under a load test, the battery
and everything seems fine. I am going through the car and checking all the
grounds I can find to make sure they are good - no bad ones found yet.
If you are having similar issues then we maybe onto something. I owned an Alfa
Sud back in the early 80's and seem to recall some other folk having what
appeared to be a "turned off" symptom in them and it was the ignition switch -
alas that was a long time ago in a different country and I cannot find anyone
to verify.

Please let me know if you do find anything and if the problems you are having
match mine at all. I will let you know if I find anything. I am really hoping
that some else has already had (and solved) this problem.

Regards
Tim