[alfa] 164 oil pan removal - more questions

> Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:50:21 -0400
>
> hi all,
>
> i got the half-shaft off, to remove that last pan bolt, & now the oil
> pan is free.  the motor mounts are all released on the right (front)
> side of the motor, the motor is jacked up as far as it will go, the
> exhaust is off, but the pan still won't come off - it won't clear the
> oil pump.   and, ya cannot access all the cap-screws which hold the pump
> to the block.   :<(  is it time to tow it to the shop, or am i still
> missing something?  any help is greatly appreciated.

Stretching my memory --

You should be able to reach in with a 1/4 drive and bit (I think 5mm) and
and get the oil pick-up off.  If I remember right, this worked best
reaching in from the front. (I think I recall two cap-screws at the front
(rh) of the engine and another one or two around the middle...)

But be sure you have withdrawn the oil-level sensor and oil stick...

(I have an impression the pan would almost come off without messing with
the pick-up...)