[alfa] 164LS Radio Replacements

There have been a few audio threads on the list lately, so I am encouraged to
add one of my own.
I like most everything about my "new" '95 164LS except the pathetic signal
reception of the standard radio which us inferior to almost every other car
radio I've ever had. The tuner has no range whatsoever, either on the AM or FM
bands.
Two part question:
- Is the performance of my radio typical compared to other 164LS?
- Does anyone know of a replacement head unit I can install on a "plug and
play" basis, preserving the present amplifier and CD changer and using the
existing DIN cables?
Any and all input appreciated.

Bob Abhalter
Paducah KY