Re: [alfa] illuminated shifter knob (and radio stuff)

Bavarian Autosports sells one for BMWs (might work on the Alfa), and if you pick up a copy of Import Tuner, I'm sure you can find one somewhere in there. BA can be found at <http://www.bavauto.com>

As far as the radio is concerned, you have a few options: Some of the higher end Alpine units used to have selectable illumination colors. Same goes for Clarion (ProAudio DXZ835MP) and Blaupunkt, though Blau went downhill after they were bought out by Bosch (the same people who messed up fuel injection for everybody). The buttons on some Kenwood decks are reddish, as are those on Sony and JVC. But in the end it all comes down to Nakamichi. Anything higher than the CD45z is gonna have illumination designed to match the amber illumination of the Europeans. I also heard a rumor that the CD35 is available special order with amber illumination, but the higher end ones (especially with the trick single-DIN 6cd changer) are pretty cool. And relatively inexpensive, all things considered. All things, in this case, being the cost of a good deck, good CD changer, wiring, and 4v preamp outputs.

All of these (with the exception of the Nak) are available at Crutchfield.com or SoundDomain.com, or just enter their model number in google to find StolenCo or Felloffthetruck.com

-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (all hail Phil's Foreign Car! New clutch makes me amazed at what I've been missing)