[alfa] Re: "David Johnson" <speedsixer@domain.elided>

I also wanted to throw in that if that if your regulator is letting it get above that, you will be overcharging the battery,
and boiling out the electrolyte... your battery will have a pretty short life. It might be possible to damage to other components if it's a newer car, (computers, EFI?) but older cars could probably tolerate quite a lot of overvoltage without letting you know with failures.. besides the battery.

And yes, normally things like flashers either work or don't.. though Murphey's Law can occasionally allow nearly anything to happen!

Jon

From the symptoms you've described, it sounds like your voltage regulator might not be regulating so well. I'd check that first. ~13.6V is good just above idle, with ~14.4 volts above 3000 revs.