Re: [alfa] Re: early GTV6 for Alfetta

Andy,

 I believe the remarks refer to the fact that early Alfettas (pre-mid
'84(Europe)) have 'long' torsion bars attached to the removable cross brace
which is in turn bolted to the underbody.  Later Alfettas (not just GTV6s)
and the subsequent 75 have the rear end of the 'short'  T/bar fitted into a
splined box section  which is part of the underbody itself.

I am unsure if the spline diameter in the wishbone is different between
models but the T/bar is thicker in the later cars.

Some Club level competitions here in Oz do not allow 5 stud hubs or
ventilated discs on 4cyl Alfettas, unless you go up to the modified classes.

Beatle
Oz